ETFs through Questrade are a great, low-cost option for those who want to invest in index funds. You can buy ETFs from a variety of different online brokerages, but I’ve found Questrade to be the cheapest, easiest and most reliable. Read the guide below to learn more about ETFs, and find out how to sign-up, buy ETFs, and manage your portfolio.
This guide will cover the basics of ETFs and the benefits of using ETFs and Questrade as your index investment method. Highlights of the guide include:
- Different ETFs you can buy as part of a passive index fund portfolio.
- How much it will cost in fees to invest.
- Where you can invest in ETFs and how to get free trade credits.
When getting started in online investing in Canada, it’s good to know the basics before you jump in. This Questrade guide covers:
- What are the account fees and commission fees associated with buying stocks, ETFs and mutual funds.
- What investment account types you can open.
- The different order types when making a trade.
Learn about all the steps involved in signing up for a Questrade investment account, and all of the information that you need to provide. This guide highlights:
- How to create a Questrade user account.
- The different types of documentation that you need to provide.
- How to fund your Questrade account from an external bank.
Once you’ve signed up for an investment account, it’s time to learn how to actually buy funds. This guide will show you:
- How to find the different funds that can make up your index portfolio.
- Calculating how much of each fund to buy to meet your target allocations.
- The exact steps involved in making the purchase.
Another option for those wanting to invest in index funds are the mutual fund offerings from TD. This guide will cover:
- Does it make sense to buy TD e-Series through an online brokerage.
- Comparing Questrade with TD Direct Investing.
- Steps to find and buy e Series funds through Questrade.
Once you’ve created your index portfolio, you need to manage it. With a tool such as Passiv, you can manage and rebalace your portfolio with ease.
- Learn about Passiv and the tools it provides.
- See how to use Passiv to calculate which funds to rebalance.
- See how to make 1-click rebalancing trades